The Parent Child Mother Goose Program
For Parents/ Caregivers with Children age Birth -6 years
The Parent-Child Mother Goose Program is a group experience for parents/caregivers; babies and young children (age birth-6 years) that focuses on the pleasure and power of using rhymes and songs. These are taken home and shared with family, enabling the whole family to benefit.
Parents and Caregivers who participate in the one hour Parent-Child Mother Goose Program have an opportunity to gain confidence in parenting. They learn how play and interactive activities can positively affect their child’s growth and development. Parents/Caregivers also learn to set realistic expectations of their children, and new ways of coping with difficult behaviors at home.
Together, parent and child will enjoy lots of fun rhymes and songs that are geared to increase the bond between parent/child, language and pre-literacy skills, gain self-esteem, and develop early social skills. This program also encourages parents to build a social network amongst each other.
- To strengthen bonds between parent/caregiver and child(ren)
- To allow parents to see how they (the parents) can positively affect how their child learns and behaves
- For parents to learn to develop realistic expectations of their child(ren)
- For parents to increase confidence as parents
- To learn appropriate alternatives to physical control
- For parents and child(ren) to develop a network of friends
- To increase and develop self-esteem in both parent/child
- To develop social skills
- To improve language, pre-literacy and cognitive skills
- For children age birth-6 and their parents/caregivers
REFERRAL and INTAKE PROCESS:
There is no referral needed for this program. This is a free drop-in program with no pre- registration required.
This program is free and runs year-round at three locations:
- Knox Presbyterian Church (59 Riddell Street, Woodstock) – Tuesdays 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Avondale United Church (60 Harvey Street, Tillsonburg) – Wednesdays 10:00-11:00 a.m.
- Fusion Youth Centre (121 Thames St. N., Ingersoll) – Thursdays 10:00-11:00 a.m.
Did you know that you can purchase the Mother Goose Program Nursery Rhymes & Songs on iTunes? A portion of the proceeds from the sale will support programs like Mother Goose at Wellkin.
Buy it on iTunes:https://goo.gl/N2AMm1
For more information, contact the Parent-Child Mother Goose Leaders at Wellkin Child & Youth Mental Wellness at: 519-539-0463 ext. 234