As a client of Wellkin, you have the following rights and responsibilities:
- To be treated with courtesy and respect in a safe, supportive environment.
- To receive service that respects your dignity, independence, privacy and confidentiality within the limits of confidentiality (i.e., if a child is at risk for abuse or neglect, if someone is at risk of harm to themselves or others, or where a judge has ordered information to be provided to the court).
- To receive service that respects your individuality and your values, and responds sensitively to your needs and preferences.
- To be fully informed, including receiving information about your services and your personal client record.
- To consent to or refuse a service, based on having the information needed to help make an informed decision, including the intervention/treatment options available to you and the likely benefits and/or risks of participation or non-participation.
- To withhold or withdraw consent to collect, use, or disclose your personal health information.
- To participate in assessment and service planning. Wellkin does not provide evidence for any legal/court proceedings with respect to custody concerns without court order.
- To have your support network involved in your service.
- To receive quality services that comply with professional standards.
- To express your concerns, make a complaint, appeal a decision.
- To work with us to plan your care and meet your service goals.
- To keep your appointments and be on time, or give us at least 24-hour cancellation notice.
- To respect our staff and our property; treat us as you wish to be treated.
- To respect the rights and confidentiality of others.
- If you find recording portions of your sessions therapeutically beneficial, please note this must be discussed and mutually agreed upon by all parties involved. A consent form will then be signed.
- To tell us if you need more information or don’t understand something.
- To tell us if you believe you have been treated unfairly or received poor service.
For more information please contact our Executive Director at 519-539-0463 Ext. 223