Circle of Security Parenting Program
For parents/caregivers of children between the ages of 0 and 6.
7 week group program. Currently being offered virtually.
The Circle of Security Parenting program is a user-friendly caregiver education program that helps parents/caregivers better understand the needs of their children. The program is based on years of attachment research about how secure parent/caregiver-child relationships can be supported and strengthened. Sessions stress the importance of parents/caregivers forming secure attachments with their child(ren) by:
- Focusing on the caregiver and child interactions;
- Being responsive to their child’s needs; and
- Reflecting on their parent/caregiver strengths and challenges.
The series aims to help parents and caregivers share the best of themselves with their young children.
In group-based sessions, parents/caregivers learn how to:
- Better understand and respond to their child’s emotional needs;
- Help their child manage their feelings and behaviours; and
- Help build a stronger relationship with their child.
Roadmap for Parenting Group
For parents/caregivers of children between the ages 7-17.
6 week group program, with an additional 7th week available to caregivers of adolescents. Currently being offered virtually.
‘Roadmap for Parenting’ is an education program specifically for caregivers. Throughout this group, participants will explore some of the key components of Attachment Theory, with the goals of:
- Gaining knowledge that will assist them in developing a roadmap to understanding what is underneath some of their child’s behaviours;
- Understanding why our child’s behaviours may be occurring; and
- Exploring how to support themselves as parents/caregivers, and their child(ren) in difficult moments.
For questions, please contact the Groups Coordinator at 519-320-8034.
To discuss group or workshop registration, please complete the online self-referral form for our Quick Access Therapy Services.