Circle of Security Group
For parents/caregivers of children between the ages of 0 and 6.
7 week group program. Currently being offered virtually.
The Circle of Security program is a user-friendly caregiver education program that helps parents better understand the needs of their children. The program is based on years of attachment research about how secure parent-child relationships can be supported and strengthened. Sessions stress the importance of parents forming secure attachments with their child(ren) by:
- Focusing on the caregiver and child interactions;
- Being responsive to their child’s needs; and
- Reflecting on their parental strengths and challenges.
The series aims to help parents and caregivers share the best of themselves with their young children.
In group-based sessions, parents learn how to:
- Better understand and respond to their child’s emotional needs;
- Help their child manage their feelings and behaviours; and
- Help build a stronger relationship with their child.
For questions, please contact the Groups Coordinator at 519-320-8034.
To discuss group or workshop registration, please complete the online self-referral form for our Quick Access Therapy Services.