The Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Family Support Program provides community-based supports for children and youth ages 8-17 who have a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (Level 1) for successful community integration and transitions.
- To assist children and youth as they transition through elementary school to high school;
- To develop a partnership with families to help stabilize children and youth both at home and in the community;
- To provide and support with system navigation;
- To promote/preserve the emotional health of children, youth and their family;
- To support families in enhancing and strengthening existing parenting skills;
- To support and enhance parental advocacy skills to help families develop relationships within their larger community; and
- To support children and youth in developing self-advocacy and other skills.
- A diagnosis of High Functioning Autism (Autism Spectrum Disorder – Level 1);
- Between the ages of 8 and 17; and
- Must be a resident of Oxford or Elgin County.
Referral and Intake Process:
- To access this program, please click the ASD Family Support Program – Referral Form
- If you have any questions about the referral process or eligibility criteria, please call 1-877-539-0463.