Wellkin’s Intensive Family Service (IFS) Program aims to provide therapeutic support and treatment for children and their families, who have been identified as having mental health needs that require an intensive level of interventions and which are delivered through the use of evidence based practices, are flexible, and tailored to meet their individual needs. These supports can be delivered effectively in the home environment, and are done in collaboration with other Wellkin services where appropriate.
- We meet with families and children to support them in better understanding their strengths and challenges, as well as provide recommendations for other appropriate services;
- We work alongside families with an attachment focus, to increase the parent/caregiver’s ability to understand and meet the needs of their child(ren) from this perspective;
- We aid families in connecting with necessary community resources;
- We offer advocacy support at school, or other community meetings with the family;
- We provide a co-created treatment plan with specific strategies and goals to meet their level of need; and
- We support families to build the skills to follow through with the treatment plan that addresses their needs.
Who we serve:
- Families residing in either Oxford or Elgin county;
- Families where the assessed needs are such that the mental health concerns being presented, impact family functioning and potentially other environments such as school and/or community;
- Family must be connected to a Wellkin Therapist upon Intake into the IFS Program, or are connected to an approved community partner, with an active protocol with Wellkin, and;
- Parents/caregivers that are willing and able to actively participate in mental health services offered through the IFS program.
Referral and Intake Process
- No professional referral is required for this service.
- To facilitate the intake process, we recommend that you complete the online self-referral form for our Central Intake. To access this self-referral form, click here.
For more information, contact us at 1-877-539-0463.