The School Community Intervention Partnership (SCIP) is an innovative children’s mental health program committed to effective early intervention for children with difficulties, that may be interfering with their performance at home, school, and in the community.
SCIP accepts referrals from schools in the Thames Valley District School Board, the London District Catholic School Board as well as Conseil scolaire catholique Providence. All referrals must be made through the school teams.
- Work with families to understand their child’s strengths and challenges and provide recommendations for services.
- Collaborate with the school, to increase the child’s ability to be successful in a classroom setting.
- Help families to connect with community resources.
- Attend appointments with families and their child, for additional support.
- Provide information and support to further develop parenting skills.
- Work with families to develop a plan that addresses their needs.
Program Requirements (Eligibility)
- Children in grades 1 to 5 in the elementary school systems who exhibit behavioural and/or emotional difficulties that may be impacting social relationships and academic performance; and
- Students enrolled in one of the following school boards:
- Conseil scolaire catholique Providence
- London District Catholic School Board (LDCSB)
- Thames Valley District School Board (TVDSB).
- Children whose needs would be better met in a more intensive level (e.g., day treatment or live-in treatment);
- Children who are already receiving similar, current and/or active mental health services in the community;
- Children diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD); and
- Children whose intellectual functioning falls below the 2nd percentile.
Referral and Intake Process
All referrals must be made through the Thames Valley District School Board, London District Catholic School Board or Conseil scolaire catholique Providence School Teams.
If you have questions or would like further information, please contact us at, SCIP@wellkin.ca
School Referral Package
(For school use only.)
- SCIP School Referral Package Checklist 2023-2024
- SCIP Criteria for Service 2023-2024
- SCIP School Referral Form 2023-2024
- SCIP Parent-Guardian Information Form 2023-2024